Saturday, July 7, 2018

20170510

I'm my own grampaw This is a song. The words are pretty complicated, and the ones I remember don't seem to be the ones anyone else uses, so I'll write down the ones I remember. The original, I'm not sure who wrote it, but google says it was sung by Homer & Jethro for RCA in 1956. Chorus: I'm my own grampaw (EFEDC), I'm my own grampaw (FGFED), It sounds funny I know (EFGEFG), But it really is so (FGAFGA), oh (AGF) I'm my own grampaw (EFEDC). Verse 1 Many many years ago when I was twenty-three, I met with a widder who was pretty as can be, The widder had a daughter who had flowing hair of red, My father met the widder's daughter, soon they too were wed, oh ... Verse 2 The problems that I'm speaking of had only just begun. My father soon became the father of a tiny son. To make the situation worse, although it brought me joy, I soon became the father of a bouncing baby boy, oh ... Verse 3 My father's now my son-in-law, although he's still my father. This is the truth, you see, because he's married to my daughter. And my poor daughter's more than just an aunt to her own brother My father's now my son in law, so she's my own step mother, oh ... Verse 4 I like to tell my father, although it makes him mad, That he's his mother's brother's cousin's uncle's own grandad, And here's a bit that I have always thought was rather wild, Since I'm my daughter's son-in-law I am my own grandchild, oh ... Verse 5 My wife is mother to my father, and it makes me blue, Although she is my wife she is my ... grandmother too, This brings me to the strangest thing my family ever saw, Since I'm my father's father-in-law, I am my own grampaw, oh ...

No comments: