Friday, June 12, 2009

I found my old tapes 88/365

I threw about 2/3 of them out. eliel took the Beatles and Black Sabbath, and I saved the Jethro Tull, Peter Gabriel and Bob Marley. I grabbed my only cassette player, I've had it for 22 years ever since walking through Kmart and spontaneously buying it. Popping in 'So', I hit play and waited through the pops, the hiss, the left and right channels fading in and out- til I noticed that the sound was not producing and one of the spindles wasn't turning. this is the tape owners nightmare, I knew exactly what to expect when I hit the eject button. spagetti string of tape wound up into the spindles. I was not as concerned as I might have been before cds. but I wanted it to work. I wanted to hear that old sound. so on to cds or to take a peek behind the aged plastic into the cogs wheels and frail rubberbanbs?

No comments: